– DEVELON showcases its latest technology for developing zero-emission power sources –
DEVELON, formerly known as Doosan construction equipment, is displaying the company’s latest low-carbon, zero-emission power source technology at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2023. On display in the DEVELON booth is the company’s latest iteration of its e-Powerpack (battery pack), mild-hybrid powertrain and plug-in high-voltage full hybrid engine.
In June 2021, the company announced the manufacture of its first in-house battery pack prototype. The battery pack was developed for use with electrically driven vehicles, including construction, mining and agricultural machinery. The DX20ZE-7 electric-powered mini-excavator on display at CONEXPO features the company’s battery pack technology.
A battery pack is the final form of the battery system mounted on motorized machines. It is configured with control and protection systems, such as a customized battery module that bundles a certain number of batteries in cell units into a frame, a battery management system (BMS) and a cooling system.
“Our DEVELON battery pack provides a low-cost, high-efficiency solution for our customers who are planning for electrification in their equipment fleets,” says Thomas Lee, director of product management at DEVELON. “We continue the development of attachable high-energy and high-density battery packs.”
High efficiency and durability is achieved in the e-Powerpack through the following ways:
- Enhanced energy density structural adhesives to attach cells and modules to the frame.
- Increased lifespan and low temperature performance through an integrated water-cooling system module.
From a safety perspective, Thomas Lee says, the e-Powerpack is designed with wire bonding to help prevent thermal runaway. And the company adheres to ongoing hardware and software compliance with functional safety (ISO 26262) ASIL-C.
Serial and parallel combinations are adaptable for diverse voltages and capacity of battery packs. Thomas Lee says this is part of the company’s plan for standardization and expandability of its e-Powerpacks.
Hybrid Engine and Powertrain Technology
DEVELON is highlighting two of the company’s hybrid engine technologies at CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The first is a mild hybrid powertrain with the following features:
- 48-volt electric motor and lithium-ion battery added to the existing engine and system
- e-Drive system for improved startability and dynamic characteristics
- Reduced CO2 emissions and improved fuel economy made possible by downsizing the engine, reducing low-efficiency components and using regenerative braking
The second engine technology is a plug-in high-voltage full hybrid. It offers the following features:
- More efficient and powerful multi-purpose powertrain system
- 360-volt e-Drive system and lithium-ion battery added to the engine
- Ability to choose most efficient operation based on the application:
- Pure electric mode in zero-emission zone○ Hybrid mode○ ICE-only mode
- High performance achieved through e-Drive system and ICE
- Plug-in charging available using on-board charging
For more information on DEVELON, please visit the website: https://eu.develon-ce.com/en/
SANY UK DEALERS ATTEND GLOBAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY
The popular CASE European Roadshow returns in 2023, providing customers with hands-on experience and demonstrating the company`s innovative technologies and digital solutions
Yanmar CE EMEA paints the town ‘Premium Red’ at Plantworx 2023